The objectives of the Winnebago County Meat Animal Board (WCMAB) are:
- To provide an educational experience that teaches youth about the selection and care of quality livestock.
- To create a fun environment where youth will gain a sense of responsibility and confidence while raising livestock.
- To empower youth to experience the economic conditions of agriculture by working to earn a profit from the livestock they raise.
Sheep Weigh-in information:
2021 Sheep weigh-in will be held at the Winnebago Co. Fairgrounds Saturday May 1 from 9-11am
Please see the rules we have to abide by here:
• Parents and exhibitors will remain in vehicles until directed to unload their animal(s)
• All in attendance will be asked to wear a mask
• All in attendance will be asked to social distance of 6ft/ limit time of close proximity to others
• We will discourage attendees and board members from greeting others with physical contact
• Hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes will be readily available
• We will ask that anyone who has symptoms, tested positive or are waiting test results stay home
Important Swine Information for 2021
The Winnebago County Fair has decided the Swine Show will be terminal this year. Questions or concerns?
Please contact the Fair Board directly: email@example.com
Congratulations to our 2020-2021 Board Members and Officers elected at our Annual Meeting on October 14.
The support for this show from breeders, businesses and families from Winnebago County has been outstanding! The kids in Winnebago County are so fortunate for your support!
Our sponsors have covered the costs for the venue, tents, electrical needs, porta-potties, hand washing stations, insurance, our Auctioneer & Judges, t-shirts, lunch, showmanship sweatshirts/buckets/brushes, ribbons, trophies and banners.
Please thank them in person, in writing or by supporting their businesses.
Jessica & Matt Potratz
In memory of Carol & Bill Jones
In memory of Steve Houle
Doug Reese Trucking, LLC