INFO FOR YOUTH
MAB Sale Requirements
2023 Rules & Regulations • 2023 Sale Requirement Tracker
Don’t forget to check out the CALENDAR for weigh-in and tagging information.
Point Options (all worth 1 point each) :
- Show Take Down 2022 Show/Sale (sign-in)
- Attend October Annual Meeting October 14, 2022 7:00pm (attendance taken)
- Attend 2 Meat Animal Board Meetings – 2nd Weds of Month 7:30pm (attendance taken)
- Complete Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA) Certification (online)
(YQCAprogram.org) In-person classes available – log in to website (above) for classes offered in WI
MAB needs copy of your certificate for proof of completion by July 30, 2023
- Participate at a Livestock show or attend an Educational Clinic
Checkout our Facebook page for posts about upcoming opportunities
NOTE: If Livestock show or educational clinic is not held in Winnebago County then youth must make a short presentation at an MAB meeting –completed by July meeting
- 2 Buyer Letters signed by potential buyers and handed in at Pen Setup July 30, 2023
Use these Tutorials from the “Thriving on Ordinary” Blog to help you write AWESOME letters!
Tutorial: How to Write a Better Letter to Invite Buyers to Your Auction
Tutorial: Writing the Thank You Letter Your Buyer Deserves
(Note: These tutorials are written by a 4-H parent in another state…WCMAB Sale/Program details might be different)
- Pen & Stall Set Up July 30, 2023 (sign-in)
- Mandatory Exhibitor Meeting July 30, 2023 (sign-in)
For more news, events & workshops!
(our Facebook is public – no need to have a Facebook account to view our info)
Show Lamb Nutritionist Slide Show
Below is the power point presentation for Sheep that Sarah Breuer, Nutritionist from Country Visions Co-op, presented at the April meeting.