INFO FOR YOUTH
MAB Sale Requirements
Don’t forget to check out the CALENDAR for weigh-in and tagging information.
Point Options (all worth 1 point each) :
- Show Take Down 2021 Show/Sale (sign-in)
- Attend Carcass Judging August 10, 2021 9:00am (sign-in)
- Attend Carcass Judging Results August 10, 2021 7:00pm Evening (sign-in)
- Attend October Annual Meeting October 13, 2021 7:00pm (attendance taken)
- Attend 2 Meat Animal Board Meetings – 2nd Weds of Month 7:30pm (attendance taken)
- Complete Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA) Certification (online)
In-person classes available – log in to website (above) for classes offered in WI
MAB needs copy of your certificate for proof of completion by July 31, 2022
- Participate at a Livestock show or attend an Educational Clinic
Checkout our Facebook page for posts about upcoming opportunities
NOTE: If Livestock show or educational clinic is not held in Winnebago County then youth must make a short presentation at an MAB meeting –completed by July meeting
- 2 Buyer Letters signed by potential buyers and handed in on final Weigh-In July 31, 2022
Use these Tutorials from the “Thriving on Ordinary” Blog to help you write AWESOME letters!
Tutorial: How to Write a Better Letter to Invite Buyers to Your Auction
Tutorial: Writing the Thank You Letter Your Buyer Deserves
(Note: These tutorials are written by a 4-H parent in another state…WCMAB Sale/Program details might be different)
- Pen & Stall Set Up July 31, 2022 (sign-in)
- Mandatory Exhibitor Meeting July 31, 2022 (sign-in)
For more news, events & workshops!
(our Facebook is public – no need to have a Facebook account to view our info)